May reduce the need for anesthetic in some patients.
Our office is proud to offer both laser and air abrasion dentistry – technology so safe and easy, it eliminates the need for anesthesia in many cases.
Laser and air abrasion dentistry can be used for many purposes:
- Decay Removal
- Cavity Preparation
- Reshape “gummy” smiles
- General soft tissue procedures
- General dentistry for enamel and dentin
- Avoid being “numbed”
- Avoid the shot and pain
What are the benefits?
Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the pain associated with the drill. Since lasers and air abrasion do not transmit heat or vibration, most dental procedures can be performed with no pain, virtually eliminating the need for anesthesia in many cases. The pinpoint accuracy is precise enough that your dentist can leave behind as much healthy tooth structure as possible, allowing you to keep your own teeth longer.
- Most procedures can be done without anesthesia or needles
- Quickly removes all parts of the tooth including enamel, dentin and caries
- Effectively performs numerous soft tissue procedures with little or no bleeding
- Avoids many common problems of the high speed drill. For example, when a high speed comes in contact with a tooth, it causes micro fissures (small cracks) which weaken the tooth structure and eventually allow decay to set in.
- Creates a high quality surface for bonding composites, veneers, etc.
Lasers are the newest trend in modern dentistry. They offer a gentle, effective and anesthesia-free solution for small cavities and gum disease.Read More